Pirate Day 2020 has been redesigned to be socially distant in these rough waters. Pirate Day will have 2 parts…..first, a Socially Distanced PIRATE DAY & High Tech SCAVENGER HUNT on Lake Keowee, and second, a Socially Distanced PIRATE COSTUME CONTEST!
ALL members of KSC can participate in the Socially Distanced PIRATE COSTUME CONTEST, even if they can not attend the in person, on water Socially Distanced PIRATE DAY & High Tech SCAVENGER HUNT. More details below……
Socially Distanced PIRATE DAY & High Tech SCAVENGER HUNT!
Date: Sunday, July 26, 2020
‘Box of Loot’ Pickup Time: 11:00-11:30 a.m. in sail folding circle – please do not congregate. Plan to send only 1 pirate to pick up the ‘Box of Loot’ for your Pirate Ship.
Electronic Distribution of Scavenger Hunt List: 10:30 a.m.-ish
High Tech Scavenger Hunt: 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
All you need is a Pirate Ship (boat) and the ability to take photos and text them to the Pirate Committee!
- All KSC ‘families’ who have already been quarantining together are encouraged to launch their Pirate Ship! We respectfully request that only KSC members participate, to reduce the exposure risk for our membership. Pirates of all ages are encouraged to participate in the on water Socially Distanced Pirate Day & High Tech Scavenger Hunt. (Unfortunately, there will not be any on land pirate adventures for ‘pirates in training’ this year.)
- All participants are encouraged to wear face masks or buffs when on land. Please also practice safe social distancing and limit your contact with others so as to reduce the likelihood of asymptotic transmission.
- All Pirate Ships are required to register a minimum of 48 hours in advance (no later than 10:30 a.m., Friday, July 24, 2020). Registration and all communications with the Pirate Committee regarding on water activities must be via text.
- Registration must include the name of the Pirate Ship, the names of the pirates and any prisoners aboard, as well as the cellphone number dedicated to the Pirate Ship.
5. Each ‘Pirate Ship’ that submits a timely RSVP will receive a ‘Box of Loot’! (**The ‘Box of Loot’ will contain lunch, snacks and some extra treasures for all pirates and prisoners!**)
- The Pirate Committee has thrown most of the rules into the drink, so Pirate Ships may be powered by wind, motor, human strength or whatever method the Pirate Captain chooses – so long as the Pirate Ship is away from the dock.
- All Pirate Ships will receive a digital list of ‘Scavenger Items’ via text at 10:30 a.m.-ish, Sunday, July 26, 2020. Pirates will photograph Scavenger Items and submit the photos via text. Photographic proof of discovery must be texted to the Pirate Committee no later than 4:00 p.m., Sunday, July 26, 2020.
- The top 3 Pirate Ships will be announced in the Waterline. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 Pirate Ships at a later ‘safe date.’
Socially Distanced PIRATE COSTUME CONTEST!
Date: Sunday, July 26, 2020
Time: anytime before 5:00 p.m.
- Best Female Pirate
- Best Male Pirate
- Best Pirate Shipmates (group of pirates, e.g., couple, family)
- Best Female ‘Pirate in Training’ (youth under 17 years)
- Best Male ‘Pirate in Training’ (youth under 17 years)
All you need is a digital or cellphone camera & the ability to email the photo!
- Photograph pirate(s) in costume.
- Submit photograph with category designation and name(s) of pirate(s) via email anytime before 5:00 p.m., Sunday, July 26, 2020.
- A pirate may enter more than one category (e.g, both ‘Best Female Pirate’ & also ‘Best Pirate Shipmates’ with her family).
- Voting will be by the KSC membership at large. Photographs will be in the Waterline, and the membership will vote by email. Only 1 vote per category per membership.
- The winner in each category will be announced in the Waterline. Prizes will be awarded to the top contestant in each category at a later ‘safe date.’
The Socially Distanced PIRATE COSTUME CONTEST is designed so that ALL members can participate in some portion of the day – even if unable to attend in person.
Watch for an email regarding how to register your Pirate Ship!