Ahoy KSC Pirates!
KSC’s Pirate Day is this Sunday, July 26, 2020. The on water Race for Treasure begins at 1:30 p.m. The Race for Treasure is open to all KSC members and their guests – young and old. Get your boat out of its slip, haul it out of dry storage or borrow a club JY15 or Sunfish! (As always, please follow club boat use policies). See below for the Pirate Code (rules)!
Additionally, for any junior pirates there will be an on land treasure hunt. (Adult pirates may assist any junior pirates under the age of 7).
1:30 p.m. – Pirate’s Meeting at KSC Hideout (pavilion)
2:00 p.m. – Official Start of the Race for Treasure (Tolling of the Bell)
4:30 p.m. – End of the Race for Treasure
5:00 p.m. – Costume Contest & Prizes Awarded for Race for Treasure
5:15 p.m. – Pirate Day Dinner Celebration
PIRATE’S CODE – RULES FOR 2020 RACE FOR TREASURE
1. All treasure must be collected from a Pirate Ship (sailboat). Crew may leave their Pirate Ship to collect treasure, however, no treasure may be collected until after the official start of the Race for Treasure andthe Pirate Ship has launched from KSC.
2. A lady pirate or youth pirate must captain the Pirate Ship for at least one leg of the Race for Treasure (a minimum of 5 minutes at the helm of the Pirate Ship). If the Pirate Ship does not have a female pirate or a youth pirate aboard, the Pirate Ship must do 3 complete turns during the Race for Treasure, but no later than 3:00 p.m.
3. Time Limit – The Race for Treasure will last no longer than 2.5 hours.
4. Each Pirate Ship is to collect as much treasure as possible and return to KSC prior to the expiration of the time limit. Treasure should be logged upon return to KSC Hideout no later than 4:30 p.m.
5. Each Pirate Ship may only take 1 treasure block from each hidden treasure location. There are a limited number of treasure blocks in each treasure location, so there is no guarantee that all Pirate Ships will find a treasure block even if they correctly identify where X marks the spot.
6. Thievery is permissible, so long as no one loses an eye or a leg!
7. All pirates who fail to unearth any treasure must walk the plank!
Ahoy, Me Hearties…
Questions? Send your message in a bottle