Keowee Sailing Club
Thank you for your interest in the Keowee Sailing Club.
The club was formed in 1972, and is located on Highway 130, two miles north of US 123 in Seneca, SC on one of the most beautiful lakes in the Southeast. We are a self-help sailing club, where members are expected to share in running and maintaining the club and grounds. Members participate in activities ranging from dock building to general cleanup and committee work.
Our four-acre site includes a clubhouse with meeting space, kitchen, and restrooms with showers, as well as two beach areas, picnic tables and grills. Our launch ramp allows launching of most trailerable boats, with a mast stepping pole in the adjacent parking area. We have slips for over 130 sailboats, and a large parking area for trailerable boats that are drysailed.
All applicants for membership, when accepted, enter into a one year Provisional Membership, after which they are eligible for Regular Membership upon the approval vote of the Board of Stewards. Provisional Membership permits full use of the club and its facilities, including boat storage, but does not include voting rights. The Membership Subcommittee and the Board of Stewards uses the following criteria for membership when granting Regular Membership: “An applicant for membership must own a sailboat, buy a sailboat, or regularly crew on a sailboat during the year as a Provisional Member.”
The steps in applying for membership are as follows:
- Send your completed membership-application with the application fee of $100 to the address on the form.
- If you have a friend who is a member of KSC and is willing to serve as your sponsor, please ask them to sign the application form. If you do not know a member who can serve as your sponsor, leave this blank— the Membership Subcommittee will assign a sponsor.
- You will be contacted by the Membership Subcommittee and asked to meet with them to provide you more information about the club. Your application will then be posted for at least 14 days before the next Board of Stewards meeting, when you will be invited to meet the Board. If you withdraw your application prior to acceptance by the Board of Stewards, your application fee will be refunded.
- When (if) the Board of Stewards accepts your application, your name will be placed on a waiting list (if any) until space for a new member becomes available.
- When space is available you will be offered Provisional Membership, and the initiation fee of $400 is due. You will also be invoiced for prorated dues for the current quarter and may request to be placed on the waiting list for a slip or dry storage.
Membership dues and other club fees are paid in advance of each calendar quarter, and are as follows:
Membership Dues $150/quarter Dry Storage (boat on trailer) $36/quarter
Slip Rental $ 99/quarter Beach Storage (board boats) $36/quarter
Note: All members have the opportunity to earn work credits to be applied toward membership dues in the year after they are earned.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please call me at 864-247-8268, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Commodore Steve Barnes at 828-242-4813.
Denny Smith -Membership Chair
(Form MC-1 Revised 4/6/16)